Pages


Wednesday 5 June 2013

Nothing in all Creation

Romans 8:38-39

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.


Neither Height nor Depth
As soon as I started thinking about this post this verse came to mind.
Psalm 139:8-12
If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast. If I say, “Surely the darkness will hide me and the light become night around me,” even the darkness will not be dark to you; the night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to you.

God knows us completely. He knows everything and no matter where we are he is with us. If we are his people we don't have to fear, no matter where we are. No matter where we live or what's going on. He is more than capable of sustaining us as his people wherever we are. No distance can separate us from God's love for us, from salvation in Jesus and eternal life in heaven once we die if we are truly his people. Are you a Christian? Is this true for you? If it is then don't fear! Rejoice instead!


Nor anything in all creation

Nothing in creation can separate us from God's love. God is the creator. He is more powerfult han anything he has created. He set the stars in place. "He changes times and seasons; he deposes kings and raises up others." (Daniel 2:21). Take a read of Job 38-40! Trust God! Nothing on earth is more powerful than him and therefore nothing on earth can separate us from his love if we are his people! Read Isaiah 43:1-3. Nothing on earth can take us away from God. Take heart! Trust him! Our God is an awesome God. Praise him, serve him, obey him and live passionately for him!

John 16:33
“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

No comments:

Post a Comment