Two pastors have been killed and three churches destroyed, as militants attack yet more civilian targets in north-east Nigeria.Read more
• Ask God to comfort and sustain all those who have been bereaved in militant attacks. • Pray that God will raise up new leaders for the two churches who have lost their leaders to extremist violence. Thank God for the strong overcoming faith of His people in Nigeria. • Pray for wisdom, resolve and courage for the Nigerian authorities as they work to stamp out the extremist threat.
Pastor Severely Burned in Acid Attack
A pastor in Zanzibar, Tanzania, has suffered severe burns after having acid poured on him by one or more Muslims just outside an Internet café. Read more
• Pray the Lord will completely heal Pastor Anselm’s physical and psychological wounds (Psalm 30:2). • Pray the church in Tanzania will not be fearful as a result of this and similar attacks but instead learn ever more to rely on Him who gives us strength. • Pray the Lord will frustrate any plans of this Islamist group to harm His church.
Update: Christian Tentatively Released from Prison
Mohamed El Baladi has been released from the Moroccan prison where he was held after being sentenced to two-and-a-half years in prison for the crimes of evangelism and shaking the faith of a Muslim. Mohamed had been held in prison since his arrest in late August.Read more
• Thank the Lord for answered prayer for Mohamed and ask Him to favour Mohamed with a successful appeal. Pray for Mohamed’s legal representatives.
• Pray this case will serve to encourage the faith of the church throughout Morocco and this incident will result in increased boldness among believers (Acts 5:29).
• Pray for the citizens of Morocco, including Mohamed’s family, ask the Lord to draw many into His kingdom.